Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Boxer

This is Zoe, our 12 year old boxer. I got to know her 9 years ago when I started dating my husband. At that time, she hadn't turn all white like in the photo now. Full of life and zest. She was only 4 years old. A young girl. The first time we met, she took on to me straight away. I fell in love with her straight away. Every time I visited my boyfriend then, she would come up to say hi to me.

Today, she's older, slower and ill. It saddens me and breaks my heart to hear the vet say she's got cancer. As with the breed, boxers tend to get mast cancer cells on their body. We took her in today as she had began to cough and there was blood in her sliver. The vet found a tumour growing around her tooth which cannot be remove..so every time she chews, she would bite into the growth and bleed. She hasn't been eating very well for the past few days. So under the advisement of the vet, blend all her food, feed her porridge. She is a fighter and she fights everyday to stay with us. Her breathing may be laboured at times but she fights.

As an animal communicator, I'm not immune to the pain that comes along. I know the love that zoe has for us. The fight for her life. I'm doing all I can to keep her comfortable. I give her healing, feed her organic food. The knowledge that she has a soul is some comfort but the pain of her not being there is a human emotion which I still possess. Zoe sits with me and follows me wherever I am. After this blog, I'll be doing some healing on her. She has been an angel and a gentle boxer so, I will do as much as she allows me because to heal completely, the soul has to be willing to be healed. I do communicate with her and she tells me how she is. I cannot share this information out as it is personal.

So please pray for her that she gets better, buy her a few more years. Thank you.