Friday, December 27, 2013

Surf's up

I'm sitting on the balcony at turtle bay resort watching the waves crash into the rocks. I know why surfers love it here. The waves can go up to 30 feet, forms a pipeline and experience surfers can surf in it! It's amazing just watching the waves at the resort and even from this distance looking out towards the sea, I can see the big waves coming in. It may not be 30 feet but it's big enough to scare an inexperience surfer. It's not the waves in Malaysia where it hits the shore. These really come crashing into the shore. I've also discovered that this is the Island that Hawaii Five O is being filmed, Jurassic Park was filmed here, Forgetting Sarah Marshall was filmed on this resort. 
Kaleiwa town in North shore where I went for a lomi lomi massage. I took a bus, $2.50 straight into the town and had my one hour massage from this delightful Hawaiian lady named Christina. It wasn't a fancy spa but a small little make shift but her massages were great and it's by donation so I gave her $40 for an hour of back massage. It was worth the $40. 

So while there is only two days left to my holiday before heading back to Malaysia, I've got a photoshoot for my sister in law with her family. Tomorrow we are heading over to Kualoa Ranch where we can hire ATV, horse back riding, swim, kayak..etc. This is indeed a relaxing break for me.