Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Canine Myofunctional Therapy

I recently received a pup that is being fostered. He suffers from under developed muscle on his hind legs which results in him unable to stand on his hind. So essentially he is dragging his hind legs and uses a lot of his front legs. Over the course of months, he has improved but still do not the ability to stand. When he came to me, he was still dragging his hind legs. And that was last week. Today was his second treatment and I was pleasantly surprised that he is now able to stand on one of his hind legs albeit for a few seconds but it's a great progress! His carer told me that he now sits and lifts his bum a little when he eats. In fact today when I saw him, he now sits better and positions himself so he can actually lift his bum with his hind leg. That is progress!! I'm so happy how it's going. Of course he's also had a course of acupuncture which has helped too. He's 4 months and a lovely mixed breed puppy. Full of life, love and loves cuddles.

I'll keep you posted on his progress.

The myofunctional therapy encourages fresh oxygen through the puppy's body which encourages the development of his muslces. Of course intention to heal is also important. While I give therapy for this little one, I also gave him reiki to hasten up his healing.